In Canterbury, C. W. Lyons opened our first premises on 5th August 1911 at 12 Havelock Street. We later moved to 1 Military Road until moving to our current home (the former vicarage of St. Gregory’s Church) at 70 Military Road in 1966 when the church was closed and sold to Christchurch University.
In Whitstable we expanded by taking over the premises of W. Harvey in 1974 at 53 Oxford Street later buying No 51 as well in order to accommodate our subsequent growth. The building had been used as a builder’s and undertakers since 1845. Our Whitstable branch is not only a funeral home but also handles all of our memorial masonry work.