We have a long established memorial department at our branch in Whitstable which deals with all kinds of memorial work in and around Canterbury, Whitstable, Herne Bay, Faversham and Barham with all their surrounding villages.
We are members of the National Association of Memorial Masons which guarantees quality and professionalism.
We not only supply and install new memorials, we also renovate and add inscriptions to existing memorials. Memorials may range from the smallest tablet to the largest headstone with a kerb surround.
When considering memorial work there are a number of things to bear in mind:
- We always give out a written quotation to our clients before they decide whether to go ahead with a memorial.
- Burial Authorities will not allow any memorial to be put onto a grave for at least six months after the date of burial, sometimes longer.
- It may take four to six months for your memorial to be ready from the moment you accept our quotation.
- Our workmanship is guaranteed to have been installed to NAMM’s code of practice – the benchmark for any memorial fixing.
- We have an extensive range of memorials on display at our Whitstable branch so please come in and see the different types of stone with your own eyes rather than just a photograph from a brochure.
- In Council Cemetery ‘lawn sections’ you are not allowed kerb surrounds or any form of planting over the grave space.
- There are strict regulations about size, type of stone and inscription in Church of England churchyards. We can advise you of these regulations.
In order for us to issue you with a formal quotation we will need the following information:
- The type and colour of the stone you have chosen.
- The size and shape of your proposed memorial.
- The position of any ornamentation or flower containers required.
- The proposed wording of the inscription.
- Whether space is to be left for a future inscription.
- For renovations we will always need to inspect the memorial before giving a quote, so please give us as much information as possible to allow us to find it.
For all memorial enquiries, please contact our Whitstable branch on 01227 272375.