Charles William Lyons started the company as a combined carpenter and undertakers in 1911 and remained Managing Director until his death in 1942. His widow Nora, and his three surviving children, Ella, Bill and Phyllis then took over the running of the business.
Ownership of the company subsequently passed on to Christopher Laming (Phyllis’s son) in 1969. Christopher owned and ran the company until his death in the autumn of 2007. The business is now run by Christopher’s wife Muriel (Chairman) and his son Mark (Managing Director).